As long as I live there will be something worth fighting for, worth writing for, and worth dying for.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tomorrow

In twelve hours I will be sitting in a waiting room, preparing to undergo approximately an hour of ultrasound tests. What a way to spend a Friday! :-D

I've said it a million times and I am sure I will say it a couple million more: I am so grateful for Godly friends. Friends that have the right perspective. At work, the attitude is, "Oh, that stinks, man, I am sure glad I am not you." It is amazing to see that contrasted to the body of Christ. The Christlike friends I know have come around me and encouraged me. They have seen a better perspective, a more excellent purpose.

I was talking with a friend tonight, and she started laughing. I looked at her like she grew three heads (not that she already had two) and was thinking to myself, "Ummm...OK. What is so funny?" Get this. She was laughing because the thought had danced across her mind that I might meet my future husband through this trial. Random, yes. That's why I love her :-D

Truth is, I have put a lot of my dreams on hold. I'm not afraid to admit that. What once seemed like a major priority: finding a husband, raising a family, has paled in comparison to my calling to live for Him. In all honesty, it is hard to dream when you know that there is a pretty good chance that those dreams will never come true.

In all reality, that's how we all should live our lives though. You never know when your time is up. Car accidents, heart attacks and freak accidents kill people every day. People who had dreams. Now they have no tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. It's HUGE. But my God's hands are bigger, and He holds tomorrow.

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14


But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:33-34

No comments: